Auto-massage provides numerous benefits:
- Reduce muscle tension and help relax muscles.
- Decrease adherences and reduce muscle soreness.
- Decrease risk of injury and maximize muscle recuperation while decreasing the effects of muscle soreness.
- Increase circulation and removal of metabolic waste.
- Increase extensibility and joint mobility.
- Decrease the effects of stress on the body.
- Improve quality of sleep and rest.
- Relax the nervous system.
Be it to optimise your muscular recuperation or to undo all the tensions. Do not hesitate integrating a few minutes of auto-massage into daily habits. It would be a good experience to pair it with deep breathing, music, meditation or with visualization – to name a few. Auto-massage is a moment to take care of your body as well as your mental and spiritual health.
Balls help attain regions difficult to massage, for example the back. For larger muscle groups, like the quadriceps, you can use a foam roller. Be vigilant when you use the ball and other accessories – you should never apply direct pressure on the spine. Before used an auto-massage accessory, speak to your therapist about it!
It’s important to find the right recipe specific to your body and provide a moment for you.
Your therapist is there to help you to give you advice to reduce your pain and tension!