Essentially beneficial With over 300 functions in the body
The Benefits of Magnesium:
- Reduce joint and muscle pain, acute and chronic (ex. cramps, muscle soreness, sprains)
- Helps improve and maintain the body’s environment (eliminates toxins and inflammation)
- High anti-stress properties (regulates the nervous system and helps relax muscles)
- Reduces fatigue and improves sleep quality
- Helps improve concentration
- Relieves symptoms of premenstrual syndrome
- Helps fight irritability and mood swings
- Helps with weight loss
- Improves health of bones and musculature
- Regulates blood pressure
It is estimated that 18% of men and 23% of women are magnesium deficient.
It is hard to diagnose this deficiency, as symptoms of it often appear before hitting a traceable level in blood tests. This means that your results on paper may seem perfect but your reserves have already depleted. This means that it is important to ensure proper intake of magnesium to avoid deficiencies and symptoms associated with it.
Symptoms associated with magnesium deficiency
Cramps – soreness – tingling- heaviness in the muscles – Myokymia (trembling of the eyelid)- weakness – fatigue – hypertension – Heart palpitations – malaise – bloating – itchiness around the mouth – Hyperacusis (noise hypersensitivity)- chest tightness and difficulty breathing deeply – constipation…
speak to your therapists in regards to if magnesium can benefit you and which form they recommend for you!